- Beauty blogger & YouTuber Amber Scholl made a dress using trash bags- and the result has gone viral!
- In her YouTube video, Amber explains how the inspo came from her YouTube subscribers who commented that she "...could wear a trash bag and still look bomb."
- She used 6 items to create the DIY designer-style dress.
- The project took nearly six hours to complete.
- Her YouTube video has over 1 million views and 6,000+ comments.
Let's face it, finding a prom dress can be pretty darn hard. You want to find the perfect dress that is unique, fits you well, and matches your personality.
But making a fashion statement at prom doesn't mean depleting your wallet (or your parents'). Simply take a look at Amber Scholl: She used trash bags to embellish the DIY gown.
In her YouTube video, Scholl walks us through the process of creating the dress- from shopping for trash bags to picking up glue and tape from the craft store.
The stunning off-the-shoulder gown features a sweetheart neckline, embellished in trash bag roses over a soft tulle mesh skirt. As of today, Scholl's masterpiece has garnered over 9,000 retweets and 1.2+ million YouTube views.
According to her YouTube bio, Scholl mentions how she was "literally broke" when she first started her channel. She goes on to state how that inspired her to learn how to be "broke and boujee"..."even when there's $20 in your bank account."
Would you rock this dress? Let us know in the comment section below!